Compare business plan software packages. We’ve made it easy to find the right business plan software for your needs. Below we’ve listed the most popular business plan software, how much it costs, and posted some customer reviews. Hopefully this will help you to choose a great software package to help you write your business plan.
|LivePlan||$9.95 / month||LivePlan simplifies business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and performance tracking for small businesses and startups. 60 day satisfaction guarantee. LivePlan Review|
|Business Plan Pro||$159.95||For 15 years, Business Plan Pro has been the world's most popular business plan software. Includes over 500 sample business plans. Business Plan Pro Reviews
|PlanMagic||$84.95||PlanMagic is the fastest, easiest business plan software on the market. It offers the necessary flexibility and the structure is the preferred plan format today. PlanMagic Reviews
|QuickPlan||$195||The original comprehensive business plan software developed by people from each industry for each industry. Includes complete and real business plans based on real facilities and operating figures - not a template or outline. QuickPlan Reviews
|PlanWrite||$119.95||Includes every feature needed to write a business plan for any business including the features of other software's premier edition. PlanWrite Reviews|
Tips to Choosing the Best Business Plan Software For Your Business
1. Flexibility – While it goes without saying, every business is different. More importantly, the software being used to design a business plan needs to be applicable to the business. A new coffee house will not have a business plan that looks anything near to a diaper manufacturer. To be the right business plan software for your business, it needs to be able to be tailored, at minimum, to your industry. However, if you can find even more specific business planning software the best off you will be. For example, while “hospitality business plan” software is good, “hotel business plan software” is even better.
2. A Little Bit Of Everything – In order for business planning software to create everything that need, it must be part word processor and part spreadsheet creator. Your business plan must not only be well thought out and well written, but must also have all of the necessary financials as well. To create a compelling business plan, the software needs to be able to bring everything together in a succinct and harmonious way.
3. Versatile (Bonus) Tools – Most people look for software that has great templates and a solid financials arena, but there are some “bonus” tools that are becoming more and more common. These tools are becoming more standardized in the elite pieces of business plan writing software and should always be expected.
One tool is a document converter. While it is important to be able to work in .doc format, it is no longer considered a very professional format if you sending a professional document. PDF’s are best because they cannot be altered by 3rd party individuals, even on accident. A PDF converter is a great tool to have.
Along with .doc templates, power point templates are growing in popularity. More often than not, you will need to make a presentation that accompanies your business plan and it reflects poorly on your business if the plan is great but the power point presentation looks like it was put together by a 5th grader.
There are a number of great pieces of business plan writing software available, but it is up to you to find the one that suits you the best. In order to make your choice, it is first important that you find software that is compatible to your industry and flexible enough to apply to your niche within the industry. Next, look at what the software does and make sure that it can effectively create the documents that you need both financially as well as with the written word. If you still have several choices remaining, take a look and choose the software that has the tools that you will find the most useful.
Why Use Business Plan Software?
Your business plan can be used as the best tracker of business performance. Your business plan can be used to monitor and guide your business to meet the projected success of the company. By watching and striving to meet the projected milestones in your plan you can avoid unexpected events that can harm your business. It can also help to identify profit opportunities that may not have been anticipated.
So you wonder how a plan can accomplish all of this? Well with the help of good business plan software you can plan and identify business performance benchmarks for your company. Here is how software can make the most out of your business plan and set your business up for success.
The use of business plan software can help to reduce costs that your business may incur. Hiring consultants to do the work that a software package offers can cut fees tremendously. A software package offers templates to help you create your business plan. By using a software package you can create a realistic budget, monitor costs and expenditures, and identify areas in your business that are using too many of your resources.
Business plan software packages take care of the financial work for you. If working with numbers is not our thing, or we all know we have better things to do than to crunch numbers, this type of software handles it for you. The financial tools that are included in business plan software can do just about anything. They can create financial statements, do your financial analysis, and create a financial forecast for your business with the click of a button.
Another benefit of using software where your financials are concerned is the compatibility with accounting programs. Most programs are compatible with other accounting programs like QuickBooks. This makes updating your actual financials into your plan a breeze. This allows you to see where you may need to adjust your strategies.
Finally, you will be able to monitor and track business growth benchmarks with the financial tools that are available. This will save you time and money in making business decisions.
Because software packages offer hundreds of templates, it allows you to create a new plan with ease. Without losing the form of your original plan, you can easily change your plan to meet the needs of your company. Whether you are looking to find funding for expansion or create a new plan for a new product or service, you are able to create the new plan with ease, as well as, see what the impact your new project will have on your company as a whole. This is information that prospective funding sources will ask for and you will be able to produce it without an added expense.
Over all, investing in a business planning software can only benefit your company. Be sure the software package you choose has the following:
- Easy to use and multiple templates.
- Sufficient financial tools.
- Flexible platforms allowing use on phone, tablets and computers.
- Compatibility with other accounting software.
- Provides technical support.
There are many business plan software packages you can choose from. Be sure you do your homework. They range in price considerably. You will find some that are free, have a monthly subscription cost, and finally an outright purchase price. Finding one to fit your budget and needs is the most important decision in purchasing a software package that will ultimately benefit your business.